Free School Meals
Are you eligible for free school meals?
You can really help your child by applying for free school meals and, importantly, you can help us support your child even more with the additional funding we receive.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
If you think your child is entitled to free school meals, you need to apply via the Nottinghamshire County Council Citizen Portal.
Pupil Premium Funding
The school receives additional funding for pupils who:
- Claim free school meals or have done so any time in the last six years
- Children who have left local authority care through adoption, a special guardianship order or child arrangements order
- Have a parent serving in HM Forces
- Have a parent who has retired on a pension from the Ministry of Defence
Full details on the Pupil Premium are available here. Our strategy document is available below.