HIGHLIGHTS OF 2015 – 2016
KEY STAGE 3 – TEACHER ASSESSMENTS
- Results in Mathematics, English and Science at all levels continue to reflect a high performance
- Results in all other subjects are well above national averages
- 91% of pupils made expected progress from KS2 in English and 84% of pupils made expected progress from KS2 in Mathematics
- 83% of pupils achieved A* - C in English and Mathematics
- 82% of pupils achieved 5 or more A* - C GCSE’s including English and Mathematics
- Exceptional results showing outstanding progress and deserved achievement by pupils
POST 16 COURSES
- Another successful year with an exceptional pass rate
- 61% of A2 results were A* - B passes
- 86% of students accessed universities this year, with 44% of those going to Russell Group universities
- At all stages there are many extremely impressive individual achievements.
We have continued to build on our outstanding results. This year we have achieved some really outstanding outcomes which reflect a great deal of hard work by students and staff, continuing developments in Teaching and Learning. We strive to treat each child as an individual and to unlock their potential.
Our improvement agenda is based on setting extremely challenging targets (based on nationally agreed criteria) for the school and for individual students. This approach helps to assure that pupils at our school make substantially better progress than pupils who go to similar schools nationally.
Please see the Attainment Reports below from 2013 - 2016.