HIGHLIGHTS OF 2017 - 2018
Before delving into the world of raw data we would ask you to gain a picture of our performance by reading the information below:
KEY STAGE 3 – Teacher Assessments
- Results in Mathematics, English and Science at all levels continue to reflect a high performance
- Results in all other subjects are well above national averages
- GCSE results were again outstanding and continued an upward trend in both attainment and progress across all groups of students.
- 92.6% of pupils achieved a standard pass (9-4) in English and 90.5% of pupils achieved a standard pass in Mathematics.
- 85% of pupils achieved a standard pass in both English and Mathematics.
- 67% of pupils achieved a good pass in both English and Mathematics.
- The Progress 8 score was 0.56 overall and in the top 12% of schools nationally.
POST 16 COURSES
- Another successful year with an exceptional pass rate.
- 32.2% of A2 results were A*-A and 59.6% of A2 results were A* - B passes.
- Value added was 0.0.
- 84% of students’ accessed universities or higher education this year, with 35% of those going to Russell Group universities, 1% found employment, 1% enrolled onto a higher apprenticeship and 14% of students had a gap year.
At all stages there are many extremely impressive individual achievements.
We have continued to build on our outstanding results. This year we have achieved some really outstanding outcomes which reflect a great deal of hard work by students and staff, continuing developments in Teaching and Learning. We strive to treat each child as an individual and to unlock their potential.
Our improvement agenda is based on setting extremely challenging targets (based on nationally agreed criteria) for the school and for individual students. This approach helps to assure that pupils at our school make substantially better progress than pupils who go to similar schools nationally.
Please see the Attainment Reports below from 2013 - 2016.
Post results service information can be found here.