Students at Rushcliffe School are entitled to receive:
- Clear impartial advice and information about all of the options available, so that they understand what they involve
- Support and guidance to help make choices and devise a career plan for the future
- Help to decide the most appropriate choice for post 16 transition, including further learning, training or employment
- A programme of careers education which helps to develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning and
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work.
Our Careers Lead is Ms Shrutee Desai and our Careers Coordinator is Ms Hollie Waters.
Ms Waters is available Monday to Thursday and can be contacted via email: email@example.com, or by telephone on 0115 9744050.
- A copy of the school Careers policy is available here.
- A copy of the Provider Access (Baker Clause) policy is available here.
Useful Links and Information
icould.com – Great resource showing how subject choice impacts on career pathways. It offers some insightful information into many areas of work and the skills needed.
https://ideas4careers.co.uk/resources/links4careers/ Great website which features impartial, high quality careers and labour market information can help you decide what pathways might be best for you.
www.apprenticeships.gov.uk – Apprenticeships are available at multiple levels. From school leavers, people upskilling in their careers and complete career changes. There are hundreds to choose from and this website helps answer any questions you may have.
National Careers Service – this website features lots of useful resources for young people looking to start on the first rung of the career ladder. Includes a CV builder and lots of helpful example career profiles and information.
Decisionz Magazine– Here you will find the latest issue of Decisionz Magazine, full of lots of local careers information and advice.